Just as we make reservations to go on vacation we make reservations in life. We reserve time slots for job interviews, dating, birthing a child, going shopping and many daily activities. Some reservations require much planning and others minimal planning.
But how many have made their reservations to go to heaven when their fleshly body dies. Some people foolishly think every one is going to heaven when they die. Others think God would not send anyone to hell. These false beliefs clearly show these people never read the word of God.
Some people even think if they believe in God or they believe in Jesus Christ, then they will go to heaven. Again, proof they never read the scriptures. When making reservations for a vacation people get confirmation numbers for their flight, for their hotel, for their rental car and for sightseeing arrangements. They confirm their cruise information. They confirm sleeping arrangements at their destination. How many have their confirmation for heaven?
Life and truth is not based on white I think or I believe. It is not based on what you think or you believe. Life and truth is only based on what God tells from his word. And if you do not read and study his word, how will you know your reservation is confirmed?
How many times people have gotten to their destination only to hear the words, sorry, I do not gave your reservation. In this world we can correct that. But when your body dies and releases your soul and spirit and you hear, sorry, I do not have your reservation, you can not go back into your body and make corrections. It is too late.
And what about the people who claim to get saved yet have no personal relationship with Jesus or with God the Father? These say a prayer and believe but do their own will. They soul live – meaning they live their life by what they are taught or what they think or believe. They never read and study God’s word to learn the truth about life, Jesus, angels, heaven or hell.
Look at the relationship you have with your parents, your spouse, your children, your friends and ask yourself, do I have a close relationship with Jesus and the Father like I have with my close family and friends?
If not, first be sure to make your reservation for heaven. How? In our Menu above select How To Get Saved. Then make a decision if you are willing to surrender your heart and life to the Lord Jesus Christ. If yes, take action. Pray and tell Jesus you will. Invite him into your heart to save you.
Then pray before you read scripture asking the Holy Spirit to give you understanding of God’s word before you start reading. Start in the book of Romans. Why Romans? Because that is Paul’s first letter to the churches. New Testament churches. Paul was the apostle to the churches.
The first and most important step to take is to make your reservation God’s way. Only then will you be guaranteed to go to heaven. Until next time.
For years I wondered why some thoughts would pop in to my mind. I would be thinking on one thing and out of no where this weird thought would pop into my mind. I would say, where did that come from.
Then one day I heard someone teaching God’s word say, you can control your thoughts. I thought, I never heard that before and I never knew we could take control of our thoughts. So I decided to investigate if that statement was true.
To my surprise, I was amazed at all the verses that talk about our mind, our thoughts and what we think about. We know the mind is part of the soul. So if someone can get you thinking specific things, then they can get you to act on what you think. Another words, they can get you to live your life by what you think. That is living being led by your thoughts, soul living.
But God tells us in Galatians 5 to be led by the Spirit. To walk in the Spirit, live in the Spirit and be led by the Spirit. So how do we do that?
Now you understand the warfare Paul talks about in Ephesians 6. We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in high places. And when Paul tells us of our armour, he says in Ephesians 6:16 –
“Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.”
What does the shield of faith have to do with our thoughts? Remember, we are not fighting flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness. So how does the spiritual part of life affect us? Our heart. When the Holy Spirit changes us he is changing our heart and the way we think about things. We start to look at things in life like God thinks.
We base the changes of our thoughts on God’s word. We learn to trust God and his word no matter what we see or hear. You’ve heard the saying, God said it, I believe it, and that settles it, right? So we base our new life, in Christ, based on God’s word and what God says. We do this by “faith”. We know we believe without seeing just like Jesus explained to doubting Thomas.
Remember, God defines faith as believing without seeing any evidence. Check out Hebrews 11:1kjv.
So when a negative thought comes into your head or something you know does not line up with scripture you have to decide if you will entertain that thought, think on that thought, or not. You have to decide if you will believe that thought or not. And Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 10:5 –
” Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”
Notice we are told to bring our thoughts into captivity. If the thought goes against God or his word, you have to capture that thought and throw it out. How do we do that? We get rid of that thought with the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God just like Paul explains to us in Ephesians 6:17 –
“And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:”
There is a reason why God used Paul to explain to believers in Christ we are in warfare. The battle is spiritual wickedness attacks your thoughts. You have to choose if you will believe that thought or not. Remember, God told us to try the spirits to see if they are of God. If the thought matches up with scripture, fine. But if the thought goes against scripture, capture it and throw it out by quoting what God says. Need some examples?
You hear in your mind, your thoughts, you are no good, you’re a failure at everything you do. You say, I rebuke that thought for I delight myself in the Lord and he gives me the desires of my heart. (Psalm 37:4)
You may not see that scripture yet in your life but believe God’s word is true and he can not lie. You stand by faith on his word. Eventually, that thought will not come to you again.
And it is warfare so once you capture one bad thought another will come and you find the scripture to fight by using a concordance on that topic. Then capture the bad thought and rebuke it, then quote what God says. You will start to see your life change for the better.
But if you are negative over issues in your life, your life will not change until you start using the sword of the Lord to change it. Faith you do not see but you will see results of your faith when you see your life changing for the better. Until next time.
Making decisions and trying to figure out the right direction when troubles intercept your life has an underlay. Believers often think of Job being attacked by Satan, but what about you? Can you think of times where Satan has attacked you? Your family?
Remember, when Satan fell, he took one third of the angels with him. So that third help Satan come against believers. Scripture clearly tells Satan does not know God’s plan. Had he known God’s plan he would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
We see evil increasing in the world, just as scripture says will happen in the last days. Why do you think Israel is always being attacked physically and by nations at the United Nations.
When we look at the attack on Jesus, by Satan, we notice it was not a physical attack in the flesh. Satan was playing head games with Jesus. Just like we set godly things in our mind that we want to do, Satan tries to convince our mind to deviate a little or to go a different direction. Hence, making decisions. We are not always sure what direction to go. God provides us with a blueprint though. Prayer and guidance through his word. But God’s word does not tell us who to marry, what job to take, where to live and a host of other decisions we make. But we can know.
For over 35 years now I have heard how Eve did not quote God’s word exactly. She added to God’s word. That is true but people are missing the concept. People get so hung up on Eve changing God’s word they miss the concept of how Satan deceived Eve. What method did he use? How did he convince her to make the decision she made? Therein lies the nuggets. Those answers provide or unmask methods of Satan.
Look at Jesus and when Jesus was tempted by Satan. The account is in Matthew chapter 4. Ask yourself, what methods did Satan use on Jesus? How did Satan try to convince Jesus to go a different direction? What was Jesus going through at the time Satan came to get him off track? It is not about if Jesus quoted the scripture exactly. Here is the account:
Matthew 4:1-11 KJV ” Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5. Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6. And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9. And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. ”
God loves us and has a great plan for our life. We go off course when we get deceived or people obstruct our path. We must learn how to recognize attacks and deception and then fight against Satan and his angels the way Jesus fought. Remember, Ephesians 6:12 –
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. ”
When you pray about direction and God leads you in a specific direction, be prepared for attacks and battles from things you can not see and you must fight in the spirit realm. It is not the exact words but unmasking the deception so you can find the right verses from acripture, to fight back using the sword of the Spirit, the word of God. Until next time.
Question – Will there be a third temple built in Jerusalem? Scripture tells us there will be a third temple. So no matter what man says or does, there will be a third temple.
For students of the word of God, we know there is great significance in the year of Jubilee and we understand the significance of the number seven and seventy years.
We also know God’s calendar starts in Nisan (our March/April) see Esther 3:7 KJV. We say March/April because God describes a month starting on the evening of the new moon. That is generally about the middle of the month on Gentile calendars.
So we know Jerusalem’s jubilee year (50th) for Jerusalem is now and Israel is celebrating their seventy year birthday (re-establishment of Israel in their homeland) and all of this is going on while President Donald Trump is president. Because Donald Trump was made aware of how important Israel is to believers and moving our embassy to Jerusalem was, Donald Trump promised believers during his campaign, he would stand in firm support for Israel and move our embassy. So evangelicals came out in forces to vote for Donald Trump.
Reporters have declared, evangelicals put Trump in the White House. And Trump has kept his promises. We know, God put Trump in the White House and God used believers to do it.
Because of Trump’s commitment to Israel, Israel has been comparing Donald Trump to King Cyrus who helped the Jews and ordered the building of the second temple. Israel has declared they are naming a park after Trump in honour of America moving their embassy to Jerusalem. They are also naming a new train station after Donald Trump, have posted banners in Jerusalem honoring Trump and Israel has stated they like and support Donald Trump and America and the American people for their support of Israel.
There has been a movement by Jews, to build the third temple. And different organizations are training orthodox Jews in proper ceremonies of the temple.
So in this time of Jubilee and the 70th anniversary of Israel’s re-establishment in their own land, the educational organization training orthodox Jews about Temple procedures has issued a commemorative coin marking the 70th anniversary. The coin can not be used as currency, but is designed to be a token of gratitude for Trump moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem. It depicts President Trump with King Cyrus. Cyrus allowed the Jews to return to Jerusalem 2,500 years ago and Israel is calling Trump a King Cyrus type person, honoring Donald Trump.
Americans can help Israel in their quest to rebuild their temple by buying this commemorative coin. The proceeds of the coin go to training orthodox Jews in Temple procedures. Here is a picture of the front and back of the coin.
If you would like to buy a coin, they are fifty U.S. dollars each. You can go to:
We truly are watching Bible prophecy happen before our eyes. Until next time.
Learning how God works in this world helps us understand things in our life. Yes, this is a generic statement overall however, what we discover is earthly tests in our flesh brings spiritual based blessings. Look at Ephesians 1:2, 3 KJV –
” Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: ”
For years I was trying to understand what are spiritual blessings in heavenly places. Do you know?
Many times we are compared to Abraham as believers in Christ. And believers are told – it is all about faith. The definition of faith is in Hebrews 11:1 KJV it is substance, a literal something we hope for. It produces evidence of things not seen.
We are told a lot about faith in Paul’s letters to the churches. The just shall live by faith. It is impossible to please God without faith. We are justified by faith. We are saved by grace through faith and many more scriptures. I was not studying faith at the time God showed me something and opened my understanding to testing and blessing which would tie Ephesians 1:2,3 together for me.
My regular readers know I examine words. I am not college educated, I am educated by the Holy Ghost. I do not have prestigious schools and university recommendations, I am approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. I believe God and his word above all others.
My life is not about me or what I accomplish, not how many followers I have or how many likes I get. My mission in life is to share the good news that Jesus Christ is indeed God made known to man in the flesh with the power of God according to the spirit (Romans 1:1-3 KJV). And his dying on the cross, shedding his blood as a payment for all of mankind’s sin, once for all. Nailing our sin to his cross. And that Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day conquering death, hell and the grave and offering unto any who will believe by faith and receive Jesus Christ in their heart, salvation of their soul ( the promise of heaven).
Sometimes I could not understand things that God would show me or tell me. When I was trying to understand Ephesians 1:1-3 how God blesses us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, God showed me a nugget. I heard a man of God say the other day, the test is in the physical world in the flesh and the blessing is spiritual, a light bulb went off in my spirit.
So God gives us a test in this world, in our flesh. If we pass the test, we receive spiritual blessings? Yes! The blessings come from God. Let me try to explain using a scripture example. Abraham.
Remember scripture says Abraham believed God (meaning he had faith and trust in God and his words). And because Abraham believed God, his faith was counted to him for righteousness, right?
In Genesis 17:19 God promises Abraham a son and God says the promise will be with Isaac his son and Isaac’s seed. This tells Abraham that Isaac will have a son (seed).
Isaac was born in Genesis 21 and weaned in Genesis 21:7. Ishmael is sent away in Genesis 21. Ishmael marries an Egyptian in Genesis 21:20,21. In Genesis 22 God tells Abraham to take Isaac to Moriah and offer him up to God as a sacrifice, Genesis 22:1,2.
In Genesis 22:5, Abraham speaks something that has not happened yet but is future. Abraham knew Isaac was going to have a son because God told him that back in Genesis 17:19. So based on God’s word and promises, Abraham takes his son to Mount Moriah to offer him up to God. When Isaac asked Abraham where was the lamb, Abraham knew, God had to provide the lamb because Isaac was going to have a son, so Isaac could not die, Genesis 22:8,9.
But notice something here – the test was something in the flesh, in this world. Genesis 22:9-19 shows us, God was giving Abraham a test in the flesh. God asked Abraham to do something that did not make sense in the flesh to the mind. Abraham knew nothing about any blessing if he did as God asked.
But because Abraham believed God’s promises to him, Abraham was prepared and in the process of offering up Isaac when God stopped him from killing Isaac. Notice what happens next? Look at Genesis 22:17. Blessings from God. Spiritual based blessings. Another words, because Abraham passed the test in this world, in the flesh, God sent blessings from heaven to Abraham. Four specific blessings were sent to Abraham and these blessings were more promises from God. The Lord gave spiritual blessings to Abraham that would apply to things in this world. The blessings were:
– Multiply thy seed
– Thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies
– In your seed all nations of the earth shall be blessed
Paul tells us in Romans 4:16 that Abraham is the father of us all (believers) see Romans 4:17-24 KJV.
Then Paul goes into Romans 5 and explains the Holy Ghost is given to us, believers. And being justified by the blood of Christ we shall be – shall is a promise of a future event – we shall be saved from the wrath to come.
Romans 5:8,9 KJV “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.”
The wrath to come – the book of Revelation says the judgments, seals, vial and all the judgements of wrath is the wrath of the Lamb. Look at Revelation 6:16,17 KJV.
” And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17. For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? ”
First – God will test us in this world in our flesh. God does not tempt us but he will ask us to do something to see if we will do it. If we do it, he will pour out blessings on us from heaven. Abraham received four blessings so I would venture to say Abraham is an example for us.
Second, Paul was using Abraham as an example for us and Paul tells believers God shall deliver us from the wrath to come. The wrath is the wrath of the Lamb poured out starting in Revelation 6. You get to choose if you want to believe God or not. I choose to believe God and that is why I know I will not be going through the Great Tribulation.
Until next time.
Believers are not taught how to grow their spirit man instead of their fleshly man/woman. Many believers teach and preach doing things in the flesh to “please God”. Some judge your spiritual growth based on how often you go to church. Do you want God to be pleased with you and approve? God tells you how in
2 Timothy 2:15,16 KJV ” Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.”
So Paul explains salvation in the book of Romans. When Paul gets to Romans 8 he starts focusing in on who we are in Christ. He begins explaining the contrast between the flesh and the spirit. Looking at Romans chapter 8, let us find the words Spirit and spirit and circle these words in this chapter. Then underline the words flesh or carnal. Pray God give you understanding of his word.
Romans Chapter 8 KJV – ” There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25. But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32. He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33. Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.
34. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ”
Until next time.