What Am I Doing Wrong
Did you ever wonder or ask yourself, why doesn’t that ever happen to me? If we don’t say that, chances are we have thought it. My regular readers know, I didn’t know anything about God until I was 27 years old. That means my life path until I was 27, was all based on what I perceived to be right from wrong. My mom taught us what she could but she did not know God.
So when God got a hold of me and showed me truth about him and Jesus Christ, I was overwhelmed. Then to learn there was a Holy Spirit? My head was spinning. For 27 years I learned the world’s ways. You may think that’s okay but you don’t understand.
People who grow up not knowing Jesus Christ don’t understand new processes. Think about it for a minute. You grow up in a family that knows nothing about God, about Jesus or about the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit. So your decisions in life are all based on what you think. You live according to your soul, your mind, your will, your emotions.
You seek a good career, some seek wealth, fame, some seek a family. Whatever your desires, you seek. Then God gets a hold of you. You realize it is not about what you think. It is about what God says and what God thinks. If your life is just one boat in a vast ocean, that’s one thing. But when your boat has turned into a ship and you have all these little boats ( your career, your family, your finances, your stuff, your thinking) attached to your ship and you decide this course is the wrong course so time to make a hard right, you are confronted with the little boats.
Once God showed me the truth and I got saved, it was time for me to make my ship take that hard right. Along the way, some of my little boats capsized. Some even broke free. Looking back, I would not change a thing that was in my control to change.
Proverbs 21:2-3 KJV “Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.
 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.”
If I could encourage others I would tell them:
1. Change your heart about God and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ unto salvation, you will get peace and eternal life.
2. Learn God’s word and how God teaches us to live in this world. Look up key words of your situation or question, in God’s word using a Concordance. Then pray asking God to help you make the right decisions.
3. When God shows you something, listen and obey.
4. Understand the correlation between your spirit, soul and body because that will give you complete understanding about your state and standing with God.
5. Win souls. Share Jesus Christ with others and what God has done for you and in you, it is priceless.
6. Don’t identify yourself by your circumstances or by what you have or don’t have – with God, all things are possible.
7. Stay faithful to Jesus Christ no matter what. No matter who rejects you, no matter what others say about you, no matter how many tears, troubles or heartaches, stay faithful.
8. Do all you can to freely help others. Don’t expect financial rewards or earthly recognition.
9. Be a soldier an ambassador in God’s army and fight. Remember, we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, rulers of darkness not each other.
Friends, some unsettling times are soon coming. Be strong and of good courage in the Lord, not your abilities. Until next time.